Texas Healthcare Learning Collaborative Webportal Use and Confidentiality Agreement
The Institute for Child Health Policy (hereafter referred to as ICHP), which administers the Texas Healthcare Learning Collaborative (hereafter referred to as THLC) webportal, may change this agreement between User and ICHP at any time.
Use of the THLC webportal represents acceptance of the most current agreement between the User and ICHP. Any changes made to the User agreement by ICHP will prompt the User to reaccept the terms of said agreement. It is the User’s responsibility to stay informed regarding changes made to this agreement.
What User Should Know
The information on the THLC webportal is provided for general informational purposes.
ICHP is not liable for any damages arising from the use of this webportal, or any other hyper-linked website, including any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data on User equipment, or other related events, even if ICHP is advised of the possibility of such damage.
Information contained on this webportal may be changed and/or updated without prior notice. Therefore, information contained on the THLC webportal may be out of date at any given time. ICHP may also make improvements and/or changes to the website at any time without notice.
User Agreement with ICHP
Use of the THLC webportal constitutes an agreement between User and ICHP to the following:
- The THLC webportal will be used for official state-approved business.
- The THLC webportal is not for personal use.
- The THLC webportal and computing resources will not be used in a manner that violates the laws and regulations of the United States or any other nation, state, city, province, or jurisdiction in which the User resides.
Privacy and Confidentiality:
- Privacy will be maintained in regards to all information made available to the User on the THLC webportal. Users will not copy, print, or otherwise make available to those who are not employed in the organization and who are not working on deliverables related to the Texas HHSC any information obtained on the THLC webportal, obtained from ICHP, or obtained from any of ICHP’s business associates.
- Confidential Username(s) and Password(s) will be used when accessing the THLC webportal. If User’s Username or Password is accidentally revealed, User must notify ICHP AND User’s organization’s administrator immediately to request a new Username and/or Password.
- The User will immediately report to ICHP any activity suspected to be fraudulent or that threatens the security of the THLC webportal, ICHP, HHSC, and/or ICHP’s business associates.
Personal Security Identification Codes (User IDs and Passwords):
- The User will receive and be required to use a personal security identification code (User ID and Password) to gain access to and to use the THLC.
- The User will not disclose his/her personal security identification code to anyone for any reason.
- The User ID and Password are security measures and must be used only by the associated User.
- The User will be held personally responsible for any actions taken, or for any harm, loss, or adverse consequences arising from the use of the User’s User ID and Password, including any unauthorized use by a third-party, if such a party gains access to the User’s User ID and Password due to the User’s negligence or misconduct.
- Transactions initiated under a User’s User ID and Password will be considered as having been authorized and electronically signed by the User.
Access to Data:
- Proper authorization is required for access to all data owned by HHSC or its Texas State agencies available on the THLC webportal.
- The User will not attempt to access, alter, or misuse any data available on the THLC webportal that he/she is not authorized to work with in the performance of his/her job duties.
- The User will not take active steps to prevent other authorized Users from obtaining access to HHS agency data available on the THLC webportal.
Failure to comply with any of the above items will result in permanent loss of access privileges to the THLC webportal.
Notice of Non-Liability
- Does not take responsibility or accept risk for User’s computer use.
- Does not make any warranties, representations, or endorsements about the use of the THLC webportal, or any information or service provided through the THLC webportal, and is not liable for any cost or damage from my use of the THLC webportal.
- Does not warrant the completeness, timeliness, or usefulness of any information, opinions, advice, services, or any other information provided through the THLC webportal. If questions arise based on the information displayed on the THLC webportal, the User is responsible for contacting ICHP by emailing QISupport@ufl.edu.
- Is not responsible for any changes required by the User’s Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Is not liable to the User or anyone else for decisions made or actions taken by the User or anyone else based on the information provided on the THLC webportal.
- Is not liable to the User or any other person for any types of damages or losses of any character related to the use of the THLC webportal.
- ICHP may deny access to its information systems to anyone at any time for any reason.
- ICHP has the right to read, copy, edit, delete, or inspect any and all discussion posts and files stored or transmitted by User when using this webportal.
- Use of the THLC webportal may be monitored in ways that will not be disclosed to the User and may not be apparent at the time.
Confidentiality Agreement with ICHP
Use of the THLC webportal constitutes an agreement between User and ICHP as an agent of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (THHSC). In the statements below, User and ICHP are referred to individually as the “Party” and together as the “Parties.”
Since the Parties agree to enter into a confidentiality arrangement where information is shared, the Parties acknowledge that any information or data, whether printed, written, oral, or electronically stored or reproduced, is confidential. Both Parties agree to ensure, to the best of their abilities, that the information on the THLC webportal remains confidential. The confidential information may be provided voluntarily or in response to a specific inquiry. Responses may include information to the extent allowed by local, state, and federal law. Please read the following for specifics of the terms of the Confidentiality Agreement.
Consent to Electronic Transactions
User and ICHP acknowledge and agree that all electronic transactions of information made during the term of this Agreement are binding by law. The User understands that his/her consent, when issued electronically by use of his/her personal information or passwords, bears the same legal authority as his/her written signature and is binding by law.
The User understands that he/she MAY NOT copy, print, and/or store any of the information that appears on the web screens of any page on the THLC webportal. The User understands that it is his/her responsibility to clear the Internet cache regularly to prevent unauthorized access of PHI based on his/her access of the THLC webportal. The User and ICHP agree that certain minimum hardware and software are needed to make electronic transactions of information. The User may terminate this Agreement if he/she is not able to communicate electronically under these or any new technical requirements.